Thursday, August 8, 2013

First day of Level II Clinical Practice!

Today I started my Level II clinical practice in an Inpatient Rehabilitation Unit. They gave me a lot of binders with policies and regulations to read and a 38 page manual about the Functional Independence Measure (FIM). The Rehab Director told me: sit there, read the information about the FIM, and when you finish come to me to give you a test. I was like: What?...haha. Anyway it took me all morning and part of the afternoon to read the manual and then the rest of the afternoon to finish the test (while reading, one of the patients in a room nearby was screaming obscenities in a very funny way, which made it harder for me to concentrate). She told me I needed an 80% to pass, so I was nervous. The test was super difficult, it was a complicated clinical case in which I had to administer scores in every area of the FIM. I thought I wouldn't pass. After the director scored my test, she congratulated me and told me that I was the first student to pass the test with such a high score!!! I took this as a reminder that God is with me in every important step of my life!


Feeling blessed,


Luna




No comments:

Post a Comment